Portrait of the Firm
SCHMIDT-GABAIN supports you in two areas:
Legal Advisory and Litigation
In the area of legal advisory and litigation SCHMIDT-GABAIN covers the following fields of law:
- Art law
- Entertainment law (in particular, music law and film law)
- Contract law (drafting, negotiating, and enforcing contracts)
- Inheritance law (Private Clients)
- Copyright and trademark law
- Media & advertising law (in particular, personality law and unfair competition law)
- Philanthropy law (foundations & associations)
- Literature law
- Architecture & design law
- Fortune tax law (exclusively in relation to [art] collections and copyrights)
- Income tax law (exclusively in relation to profits from the sale of collections and copyrights)
Strategic Estate Planning
In the area of strategic estate planning, SCHMIDT-GABAIN offers you a comprehensive portfolio of services, with a special focus on artistic estates (fine arts, music, literature, film, architecture & design). We develop tailor-made solutions for testators to ensure that their estates remain relevant and prosperous. For heirs, we review existing estate structures to guarantee that they are efficient and fit for the future. When assessing (future) estates, we keep in mind economic and artistic aspects as well as legal ones. In detail, SCHMIDT-GABAIN offers the following services:
- Development of an estate vision from an economic and artistic perspective.
- Factual, legal and fiscal implementation of the estate vision.
- Development of suitable organisational structures for the administration of the estate.
- Finding suitable executives.
- Review of existing estate structures.
- Interim management of artistic estates.